Design of digital systems and products is a hard process where many decisions have to be taken:
- Which design will increase conversions and improve the user experience?
- Which idea is better?
- Which feature to implement?
Better decisions lead to better designs and experimentation is essential to this process.
Design of great digital systems and products must be driven by data and not simple intuition or plain non-validated assumptions. Online experiments is a standard process and most of the widely-known and successful companies do it.
Fortunately you don’t have to be a scientist to design and run an online experiment for your product. Experimentation is an approach for problem solving: You begin with an idea, then move on to identify the key underlying building blocks of the idea and make a hypothesis and then eventually test the hypothesis.
TheUXProdigy offers a hands-on interactive course on the setup of online experiments and A/B testing as a method to improve the design and user experience of digital systems.
- To improve decision-making during design & development process through online experiments.
- To understand and setup a simple process of experimentation.
- To formulate and test a variety of ideas quickly, cheaply and most important scientifically.
- To formulate a testable hypothesis for your product.
- To operationalize your hypothesis into something that can be measured.
- To understand and apply A/B testing as a method for conversion optimization.
- Product and business owners/ startup founders / entrepreneurs
- Product managers
- Growth analysts / Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) professionals
- UX designers/UX researchers
- Other key stakeholders involved in the development of digital products
Planning, implementing & monitoring experiments
Formulate design hypothesis
Examples and cases studies of A/B testing
Tools for A/B testing
Dr. Panagiotis Zaharias
Panagiotis started his career as an academic UX researcher pursuing a PhD in the field of Human Computer Interaction. He worked in several European research projects and after the completion of the PhD degree, he started teaching in Universities in Greece and Cyprus. In parallel he started to provide consulting services on UX Research & Design as a freelancer working with several companies and startups. He is a published author (60+ scientific papers and book chapters) and a frequent speaker at several national and international conferences, workshops and UX-related events. He is also the organizer of the largest UX community in Greece, the so-called Athens UX Community.
Copies of slides, notes and resources
Light lunch, coffee & drinks
Certification of attendance