It is commonplace that contemporary digital design requires a systematic way to leverage on data. Whether you follow a data driven or data informed design process, it is imperative to understand, implement and get insights from digital analytics. Product design teams should establish a high degree of confidence that a particular design element or change will be effective before its implementation. Analytics provide invaluable support to this process and help professionals to improve and optimize their products. To put it simply: If you want to design and deliver a great user experience you cannot afford to ignore analytics.
theUXProdigy offers a course on UX design and Analytics that will help participants grasp the main concepts and value of analytics.
- Understand business and methodological issues before dealing with analytics.
- Learn how to get started with Google Analytics.
- Understand and interpret the basic metrics.
- Understand the key analytics reports and get actionable insights.
- Do a quick audit your website with analytics.
- UX and product designers / UX researchers
- Product managers
- Growth analysts and marketers
- Business owners/ Startup founders / entrepreneurs
- Software developers
- Introduction – Importance of analytics
- The basic cycle: Acquisition, Behavior, Conversion
- Important business & methodological factors prior to setup analytics
- How to setup Google Analytics (accounts, properties, and views)
- Dimensions and metrics
- Key analytics reports
- Audience reports
- Device and browser reports
- Acquisition reports
- Behavior and Conversion Reports
- Goal and event tracking
- Basic ecommerce reports and analyzing behavioral data.
- Exercise with analytics
Dr. Panagiotis Zaharias
Panagiotis started his career as an academic UX researcher pursuing a PhD in the field of Human Computer Interaction. He worked in several European research projects and after the completion of the PhD degree, he started teaching in Universities in Greece and Cyprus. In parallel he started to provide consulting services on UX Research & Design as a freelancer working with several companies and startups. He is a published author (60+ scientific papers and book chapters) and a frequent speaker at several national and international conferences, workshops and UX-related events. He is also the organizer of the largest UX community in Greece, the so-called Athens UX Community.
Filippos is a Senior UX Designer (NNg UX Certified) & UI developer with more than 10 years of professional working experience on well established businesses and startups. He loves building intuitive products that solve real problems by using UX design methods and techniques. He is also skilled in handcrafting front end presentational code (html,css,js). His personal quote is “Life’s too short to build something nobody wants”.
Copies of slides, notes and resources
Certification of attendance
Pizza, refreshments and coffee