There are over one billion people with disabilities all around the world, or about 15-20% of the population. Because of this number, all those involved in the creation - building a website, app or platform have a great responsibility. But where does someone start, who wants to have their website or web app accessible?
In this UXProdigy course you will get a solid introduction to web accessibility.
- How important it is to have an accessible website / app for people with disabilities and older people
- Which are the common barriers that people with disabilities and older people experience during their visit in a website
- How the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines and other components can hep you in achieving an accessible website / app
- How to apply basic principles of accessibility during the preparation of web content
- How to carry out preliminary checks (both easy and advanced) of websites for accessibility and communicate the results
- Web designers / visual designers
- Authors and Copywriters
- UX and product designers
- Product managers and project managers
- Business owners / Startuppers
Panos works for xo.gr (Greek Yellow Pages) as a product design & continuous improvement supervisor. He worked as a graphic designer from 1995 to 2000. Until 2008, he worked as a senior web designer for: Cyberce, Actiglobe and IDEAL Group (IDEAL Systems and IDEAL Electronics - Toshiba). From 2008 until 2015, prior to his current role, he worked for Greek Yellow Pages as a User Experience Designer.
He holds a Master of Arts (MA) in visual communication and interactive media from the University of Derby (in collaboration with the Vakalo, Art and Design College). He also studied for a BA in the Department of Graphic Design of the Faculty of Graphic Arts & Design of the Technological Educational Insitute (TEI) of Athens. Finally, he holds a BSc. in physical education and sport science from the University of Athens.
Copies of slides, notes and resources
Certification of attendance
Pizza, refreshments and coffee