Assistive Technology is essential to people with disabilities in order to access and navigate the Web. Depending on their individual needs, different types of software and hardware are designed to increase the functional capabilities of people with disabilities and help them perform their tasks around the Web.
Join us in this free webinar to learn and reflect on this great topic.
- What is considered assistive technology (A.T.)?
- Different types of assistive technology
- How assistive technology benefits users with different disabilities
- Which Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) are relative to assistive technology
- How to test your digital product with assistive technologies
Everyone who is involved in the design and development of digital products and services.
1. What is assistive technology?
2. Live and recorded video examples of assistive technologies
3. Test your digital product with assistive technologies
Giannis has studied Computer Science at Athens University of Economics and Business. He worked as Product Coordinator for Greek Yellow Pages where he first applied Web Accessibility techniques and methodologies. Currently, he performs Web Accessibility Audits and evaluations employing technologies & tools that lead to better experiences for all. He believes that designers and developers should work together ensuring that nobody will be excluded from accessing web content and services. Giannis is a member and certified professional by the International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP).
Nikos is a software engineer with a special focus on Digital and Web Accessibility. His expertise spans more than 15 years in web accessibility evaluation and remediation.
Blind since birth, Nikos is himself a screen reader user. That gives him a unique perspective on how to overcome the barriers that prevent equal access for all on the web.
Nikos is a member of the International Association of Accessibility Professionals. Besides making the web a more accessible place, Nikos loves, plays, and composes music.
This is a Free webinar