It is commonplace that contemporary digital design requires a systematic way to leverage on data. Whether you follow a data driven or data informed design process, it is imperative to understand, implement and get insights from data (or web) analytics. Product design teams and especially UX designers should establish a high degree of confidence that a particular design change will be effective before its implementation. Analytics provide invaluable support to this process. To put it simply: If you want to design and deliver a great user experience you cannot afford to ignore analytics.
theUXProdigy offers two courses on UX design and Analytics that will help participants grasp the main concepts and value of analytics.
- Learn how to get started with Google Analytics.
- Understand and interpret the basic metrics.
- Understand the key analytics reports and get actionable insights.
- Do a quick audit of a website with analytics.
- Develop a measurement plan.
- Combine analytics with other user research methods to improve your design.
- UX designers /UX researchers
- Product managers / Product owners
- Software developers
- Business owners / Startup founders / entrepreneurs
Please note that the 2 courses are autonomous. Participants can choose and attend one or both courses.
Course 1: Intro to Analytics (10am - 1pm)
- Introduction – Importance of analytics
- The basic cycle: Acquisition, Behavior, Conversion
- Important business & methodological factors prior to setup analytics
- How to setup Google Analytics
- Basic metrics
- Key analytics reports
- Exercise with analytics
Course 2: Combining analytics with UX research methods (2pm - 5pm)
- Analytics and feedback tools
- Heatmaps & scrollmaps
- User session replays
- Form analytics and conversion funnels
- Micro surveys, polls and other feedback mechanisms
- Implementation examples and practical insights
- Limitations of analytics and related tools – next steps
Dr. Panagiotis Zaharias
Panagiotis started his career as an academic UX researcher pursuing a PhD in the field of Human Computer Interaction. He worked in several European research projects and after the completion of the PhD degree, he started teaching in Universities in Greece and Cyprus. In parallel he started to provide consulting services on UX Research & Design as a freelancer working with several companies and startups. He is a published author (60+ scientific papers and book chapters) and a frequent speaker at several national and international conferences, workshops and UX-related events. He is also the organizer of the largest UX community in Greece, the so-called Athens UX Community.
Copies of slides, notes and resources
Certification of attendance
For online payments please check out: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/designing-user-experiences-with-analytics-tickets-43534770671